Peppermint BarkMakes 1 1/4 pounds
- 8 oz. semisweet, dark or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 8 oz. white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25 peppermint candies, crushed
1. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch pan and line with waxed paper, smoothing out wrinkles; set aside.
2. Place the chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in the top of a double boiler over just barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. When the chocolate is melted, stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared pan, and spread evenly over the bottom. Sprinkle half of the crushed peppermints over the chocolate. Refrigerate until completely hardened, about 1 hour.
3. Place the white chocolate and the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil in the top of a double boiler over and repeat step 2. Pour the white chocolate over the darker chocolate, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy over the top and gently press in. Refrigerate until completely hardened. Remove from the pan; break into small pieces to serve. Enjoy!