While natural gas water heaters are the most common choice for homeowners throughout Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri, electric models come in at a close second. Electric water heaters offer low operating costs and straightforward installation, along with an advantageous service life. Bud Anderson Home Services can help you select the ideal electric water heater model to provide your home with efficient hot water when you need it. We offer upfront estimates and no-surprise pricing, meaning you can get the water heater you desire without the burden of unexpected expense.
Interested in electric water heater installation for your Lowell, AR home? Call Bud Anderson Home Services today at (479) 927-2700 for industry-leading home comfort solutions, or schedule your installation online!
How Electric Water Heaters Work
Electric water heaters are wired to a 220-volt circuit. To heat your home’s water, electric currents pass through electrical-resistance heating elements—there are typically two heating elements: one in the middle of your tank and another at the bottom.
The heating elements receive power via a thermostat that can sense the water’s temperature. When the water temperature decreases, the thermostat resists current flow in order to build up or generate heat. Once the water reaches your desired temperature, the current flows like normal.
When you turn on the faucet for hot water, cold water enters your water heater tank and the drop in water temperature alerts the thermostat to kick in. Once you turn off the faucet, the heating elements continue to carry the current until your water reaches the desired temperature again.
Benefits of Electric Water Heaters
- Lower initial costs: Of all water heater options available on the market today, an electric water heater is likely to be your most affordable option when it comes to upfront price.
- Efficiency: Electric water heaters are up to 50% more efficient than their gas-powered counterparts.
- Safety: Electric water heaters can be installed without access to gas lines, making them safer than traditional natural gas water heaters.
- Availability: Electric water heaters are widely available in a variety of makes and models.
- Less heating time and recovery rates: Since they use electricity rather than natural gas to heat your water, they operate more quickly to reach your desired hot water temperature.
- Better for the environment: Since these systems are energy-efficient and can be powered through renewable energy sources, they wreak less havoc on the environment.
- Longer lifespan: Electric water heaters boast a longer operation life then natural gas models.
Ready to get started with your electric water heater installation? Call Bud Anderson today at (479) 927-2700 or contact us online and enjoy more cost-effective & energy-efficient hot water in your home today!
Electric Water Heater Installation & Replacement
Whether you’re building a new home or your current water heater is reaching the end of its service life, Bud Anderson Home Services can perform flawless electric water heater installation and replacement services to ensure you enjoy the longest service life possible for your new unit. Our water heater experts can help you choose the best model for your home’s hot water needs and budget. Electric water heater installation could be a great choice for you if:
- You don’t have access to a natural gas line and want to avoid the expense of having one installed.
- It isn’t possible to run a vent through your roof to expel combustion fumes.
- You want to use a heat pump or solar panels to power your water heater and lower your energy bills.
We’re proud to install these reputable brands:
- Stiebel Eltron
- Bradford White
- A.O. Smith
Electric Water Heater Maintenance
Many homeowners forget that their water heater needs annual, preventative maintenance to ensure it remains operational for the entirety of its intended service life. Routine service is important to keep your water heater functioning at peak efficiency and effectiveness.
Call Bud Anderson Home Services at (479) 927-2700 to schedule routine water heater maintenance and enjoy lower energy bills, decreased breakdowns, and a longer service life!
Electric Water Heater Repair
Even with regular maintenance, you will likely need electric water heater repairs at one point or another. The Bud Anderson team has years of experience providing comprehensive water heater repairs, whatever your issue may be. No problem is too big or small for our plumbers to tackle. We have experience repairing the following:
- No hot water
- Overheated water
- Rust on the tank
- Leaking water heater
- Hard water scale and mineral deposits
- Strange noises coming from the water heater
- Rust-colored or metallic-tasting water
If you notice any of the above in your home, give our friendly experts a call at (479) 927-2700 or contact us online and we’ll provide fast, affordable electric water heater repairs!
Frequently Asked Questions About Electric Water Heaters
What is the best water heater for me to purchase?
There are many options for water heaters when it comes time for a replacement. The most important factors to consider when choosing a water heater are the size and usage of your household, your future water demands, and how long you plan to stay in your current home. A Bud Anderson plumber can help you decide which option is best for your home.
How long does an electric water heater take to fully heat up?
Generally, hot water heaters take about 45 minutes to be fully hot. Each water heater varies in recovery depending on the gallon capacity and BTU input, but if after about 1 hour there is still no hot water, then the unit is not working properly and should be checked out by a professional.
What’s the best and safest temperature setting?
Even fans of hot showers have a limit. A setting that’s too high can scald, posing a serious safety risk, especially if you have children. To reduce scald risks, set your water heater’s temperature to 120° Fahrenheit or less.
For exceptional electric water heater installation, maintenance or repair contact the experts at Bud Anderson online for an estimate or call (479) 927-2700 today! Families throughout Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri have put their trust in us since 1987, and we’d love to add you to our long list of happy customers!